Frequently Asked Questions
Mandic Shoes is an Australian owned and operated company - second generation family owned.
Mandic Shoes has been producing SCRUB UGG boots and slippers for over 47 years.
We were one of the first companies to develop and manufacturer UGG boots in Australia.
You are buying direct from the manufacturer!
SCRUB UGG were one of the first in Australia to design and made UGG boots!!
SCRUB UGG selects only the best sheepskins to ensure superior strength, quality finish, and finest denier of fleece for softness and highest density of wool for warmth.
These are all trademarks of the finest Australian wool giving you a longwearing, superior warmth and super soft comfortable pair of boots.
SCRUB UGG boots using the highest A grade double face sheepskin, quality leather suede trims, rubber soling and quality manufacturing techniques to produce the best quality SCRUB UGG possible.
SCRUB UGG boots and slippers use only double faced sheepskin. Double face sheepskin means that both sides of the skin have been treated, fleece and skin side giving us a super soft natural product.
Mandic Shoes not only produce UGG boots but also fully constructed leather boots and shoes so we know how the make footwear and have been doing so for 45 years. Our team are all qualified shoemakers.
With our history and experience, we always ensure that every pair of boots and slippers made by our company are quality control and inspected.
Features and benefits
SCRUB UGG Boots and slippers have the following features:
- A grade double face Australia sheepskins
- Australian owned company and Australian made.
- Buying Direct from the manufacturer!
- Value for money
- Qualified Footwear tradespersons making our boots
- Added heel re enforcements to retain shape and support
- Suede leather heel supports and trims.
- Thicker EVA rubber sole units for longer wear but without the weight.
- Non woven innersoles used to ensure super strong sole attachment.
- 16mm minimum fleece length to give a lush soft feel
- Side stitch styles use a LOCK stitch technique to ensure the sole should never separate from tops.
- Quality cotton binding trims for quality finish and comfort wear.
SCRUB UGG – when only the best and original Australian sheepskin will do!
Why is Wool the best?
Wool is natural fibre and your get all the benefits of a pure wool product. Wool is breathable, so no smelly feet!
Being breathable means that you feet will not sweat as wool absorbs moisture away and stops your feet getting cold from moisture. This is why wool is the best fibre to keep your feet warm and healthy.
Due to the natural features of wool, the absorption of moisture away from your feet ensure you maintain normal body temperature. This makes SCRUB UGG suitable for all climates. In fact wool will not only keep your feet warm on cold climates, but also cool in warm climates.
WOOL - its natural and the best!
FITTING YOUR UGG BOOTS
An initial snug fit is recommended as new slippers will stretch and the wool fleece will compress after wear. Because wool breathes, the boots should be sized for bare feet. If you wish to wear socks with them, you may need one size larger.
DO NOT PULL THE BOOTS ONTO YOUR FOOT: Instead, place the boots on the floor and push your foot into it.
To prolong the life of your boots AVOID;
- Incorrect Fit
- All rugged applications
- Water logging upper
- Incorrect cleaning
HOW TO CARE/ CLEAN FOR YOUR SCRUB UGG BOOTS AND SLIPPERS
- Treatment before wear with a silicone spray will be beneficial to the life of your boots
- Majority of marks can be removed by brushing firmly with a stiff bristled suede brush
- Persistent marks or stains may be treated with recommended suede cleaner
- Do not dry in front of direct heat or Direct sunlight
- Do not machine wash
- Hand sponge washing in luke warm water only is suitable for this pure wool product using a wool mix cleaner